Friday, October 15, 2010

Winter Warmth

I remember back to the snow-covered, winter days back in elementary school. These were the days when I had to be so bundled up in order to walk to school that you could barely find me behind all of the layers. Once safely inside the classroom, it was time to shed them, and the pile of winter clothes was nearly as big as I was!

Now that temperatures are dropping, we'll all be looking for extra layers to try and keep warm; but what we need is higher efficiency and style now that we're all grown up.

These cute crochet ear-warmers are a great way to protect your ears, but at the same time they allow you to wear something that compliments your outfit. The feature I'm particularly excited about, is that this is one additional layer that you don't necessarily need to take off once you're inside. They are not only very practical, but can also function as a wintry headband. You can even find (or make your own if you're just that good)  crochet ear-warmer/headbands with detachable flowers so you can mix and match to your hearts content!

Any other finds like this?

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! That one in the top middle is like the ones I'm learning to make! I hope they turn out as cute as that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours look awesome! seriously, I'm so impressed. I need to learn how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you sell the patterns? I'd love the pattern for the blue one. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a pattern for the turquoise'y one with the heart buttons? If not do you know where I can find it/buy it? Would LOVE to make some! It is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete