Monday, October 4, 2010

Paris Fashion Week!

I wanted this very short clip of Chloe from Paris Fashion Week to represent my post for this event not only because I appreciated the clothing style, but also because of something interesting I noticed about the type of shoe selected for the runway models to wear. They were pretty much all wearing flats, and mostly ballet style flats. Certainly this had to have made walking the catwalk much easier for them as opposed to wearing gigantic heels- but this is the runway in Paris! There's no way the designer would be making selections for the runway based on what's most comfortable! No, the flats were purposefully chosen as an accent to the styles presented. And I must say, I think the flats did a wonderful job of enhancing the elements of grace and elegance for this collection.

This runway event confirmed that flats can be worn with any outfit- whether dressed-up or dressed-down. Choices range from the ballet flat and loafers, to and all sorts of prints, straps and styles.

Only a couple of weeks ago I was "talking shoes" again with a friend and she mentioned to me a piece of advice given by Oprah. I'm paraphrasing here, but she said one item every woman should have in her wardrobe is a pair of leopard print flats because since they don't go with anything, they go with everything. Excellent point. If you start trying to coordinate different leopard print pieces, it's easy to go overboard with it; so it makes a nice little accent on its own. Plus, this pattern combines blacks and browns in a way that totally works- like tortoise shell. The leopard print flat is just one way of having a neutral that is anything but neutral. So...many thanks to my good friend and thanks to Oprah. I love wearing flats, and this little bit of advice will help me to branch out a little, explore different styles and create fun new looks for myself.
Any other suggestions for fun little flats??

No comments:

Post a Comment