Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wild Thing

Animal prints were mentioned in the last blog post, and I think they deserve a bit more attention today. It seems they've always been around, but are now making a bold comeback in today's fashion. For one, animal prints held a very strong presence at the various fashion weeks around the world this fall. Personally, I never thought this was a style I could pull off and have never worn any animal prints before. More often than not it ends up being just too much for me.  Maybe if I was some rock-star I wouldn't mind getting all decked-out in a leopard print outfit to make a statement; but clearly I'm not. I simply want to be fashionable and nothing outrageous. Now though, I realize this is possible even with animal prints. The key is to use them as an accent piece- so just one, maybe two leopard or zebra print patterned pieces. This is a nice way of finding a sort of middle of the road approach to a typically edgy style. With the animal print, you really can take your pick of whatever clothing article or accessory you want and build around it. Animal prints are no longer a style to be left to a select few to try and pull off. They can be incorporated into every woman's wardrobe and add the extra lift we all need from time to time. Variety is the spice of life. So go ahead and do the wild thing. I think you'll be surprised by how well you wear it, and it will help fight the monotony that likes to creep up on us all.


So what are your favorite animal print pieces?  Is it the ...shoes? ...bag? ...cardigan? ...leggings? ...scarf?

No comments:

Post a Comment