Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Rain is lovely, just don't let it get in your way. Everyone is in need of an umbrella at times- depending on where you live this may be quite regularly. The umbrella is a simple staple, and it doesn't take anything extra to do it right. There are both stylish and inexpensive umbrellas all over the place. I got mine on clearance at The Gap. I love it when I have the chance to use it! It doesn't have to be Burberry to look good. (Quick aside: That being said, I sure wouldn't mind one- just in case anyone was wanting to gift one to me.)

Also, while we're on the topic of umbrellas, I wanted to raise a question: what about the parasol? Is this something we could actually use? You really don't see many Americans using them anymore for protection from the sun, though umbrellas for sun protection are commonly used in countries and cultures like Japan, for example. I was just thinking about it, and I'm leaning towards the idea of using one so long as it was under the right circumstances. A cute little parasol, in a style that will coordinate with your outfit, could be really cute...but I just don't know if I could feel natural using one... I think it's a lovely idea... Opinions anyone? Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I need an umbrella! I don't even have an ugly one. One thing I've had trouble with is finding one that packs up small enough to fit in the little pocket of my backpack! Sounds like I need to hit up the Gap :)

    ReplyDelete