Monday, September 27, 2010

Heart the Scarf!



I am sooo excited for fall and all of the accompanying festivities and holidays! It is such a wonderful time of year. The leaves are beginning to turn and the colors are breath taking! Though temperatures haven't really dropped much where I'm living, we're beginning to feel the cool, crisp air in the mornings. There are so many fun fall activities to look forward to and I don't know if I can handle waiting much longer! Luckily, we can begin to incorporate favorite fall fashion pieces now, even if it's still too early for carving pumpkins.
With the increased popularity of scarves you can find some that are fitted for any season; but despite how light-weight they can be, I have a hard time adding the extra layer in the heat of summer. Now though, I feel I have waited long enough and can justify including a scarf with my outfit. Scarves are the perfect accent, and the options are limitless. They come in all different colors, patterns, textures, styles... is there anyone out there who has yet to realize that the scarf is an absolute necessity for every woman's wardrobe? I feel certain that I am preaching to the choir here. So I'll just continue on under the assumption that you're already a believer, ready to embrace wearing scarves as we head into fall, and that I don't need to try and convince you further.
The scarf is an accessory meant to be collected- seeing the variety in your own closet is oh so satisfying. Let's begin preparing for fall fun with a beautiful scarf or two, and by the time you're jumping into a pile of leaves, drinking hot cider, or carving pumpkins you'll be all ready and picture perfect!

You can find them everywhere, and I always start by checking out my favorite stores. But I would like to highlight one place that is probably not your typical stop to shop for clothing: World Market. http://www.worldmarket.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4315690 
I always love looking at their scarves, and they have great prices. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. After reading this post, I'm really glad I wore a scarf today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I bet it looks super cute!!
    P.S. We REALLY need to hang out. I'll be out of town for the weekend, but sometime soon let's take a break and go do something fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey, I would love it if you would cover something like a broach...My aunt gave me one from American Eagle years ago, and I really like it, but I'm not sure how to sport it. Is it even still fashionable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally! Such a great idea Haley! I'll start looking around and post something on the broach this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete