Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back to school!

The Fall semester has now begun! And why haul multiple bags around campus when there's one that can handle it all? Even if you're not a student, the same concerns apply for most working women. Here's a list of what I have been looking for in finding the perfect work/school bag:
  1. My laptop. This is the most valuable thing I carry around with me, and it needs to be well protected and fit in my bag comfortably. 
  2. There needs to be enough space for a couple of small binders and books. (If you're carrying much more than this each day, then you should seriously reevaluate your organization methods. I'd bet you're carrying around a lot of unnecessary weight.)
  3. It needs to have plenty of little compartments, pockets and organizers for pens and personal items typically carried in a purse.
  4. Last, but certainly not least, the look and design needs to fit my personal style like any other purse should. A bag or purse is a statement. So let's please avoid something that is strictly functional and totally blah.
The Dakine bag pictured is one that I found to fit these requirements. Big bags and purses are totally "in," and I love that this Dakine bag looks like just that and not another backpack or briefcase. Whether for school or work, something along these lines is a staple. Not only can it save you a lot of hassle by having everything you need in one convenient location; but if you do it right, it can be a splendid finishing touch. 

I just got a new laptop and bought a super cute Dakine case for it, but it just doesn't fit well in the messenger bag I've been using. So far as I've found the Dakine bag is best suited for my needs, but I want to be sure to shop around and see what other brands have to offer. 
I'd love to hear any other brand recommendations before I make my purchase! Plus, it would be great to hear about any other fun school (and work) items we could all benefit from! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! That is perfect! It would also be a great carry-on bag when traveling. Good find, Aubrey! Where can I get one and does it come in other colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I HAVE THIS BAG! (just a different print. i'm not using it now since i'm not in school... you could borrow it! p.s. i have your veil i need to get back to you!!)

    my review of the bag-- its really cute. i like the laptop portion. if you have a large binder though, it doesnt really fit. also, if you have to carry around a lot of books it gets really heavy on one shoulder all the time. but if you're not carrying around too much its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! There are also a couple great ones out in fossil. I was just in there the other day and they have a big cute bag and a more functional messenger bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! This is exxactly the kind of thing I need. I didn't know this kind of multi-purpose but at the same time stylish bags existed! :)
    Great find, Aubrey! Where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect bag!
    I love the blog also.
    You will be on "my list" and I will follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the feedback! You can find it (also in other prints) for sale at multiple locations online via google search, as well as in local University book/computer stores. I love Fossil and will definitely look there- gotta consider all options, right? Luckily though, even if I don't find another that works as well, at least I already know this style Dakine bag will and looks great! Here are just a couple sites where the bag is sold:
    http://www.dakine.com/
    http://www.ebags.com/brand/dakine

    ReplyDelete