Monday, September 20, 2010

A Headband for Every Occassion!

Today I'd like to highlight this timeless accessory- the headband! 
As far as its function, we all know it is used to keep hair out of your face. But it's also very handy to use on either a bad hair day, or when you simply don't have the time to put as much effort into your hair. Whatever practical purpose you have in mind, let's not forget that the headband (if done right) can be a stunning accent and finishing touch. It can be used to bring some flare to a more plain outfit or polish an already elegant look. With so many styles and options the headband can do more work for you now than ever before!
Personally, I am seriously lacking in the headband department, and I've seen too many cute headbands lately to pass them up any longer. It feels like just the sort of thing my outfits have been missing! On top of what they can do for me in terms of accent and style, I'm definitely excited about the possibility of saving a few minutes on my hair in the mornings but still coming out with a finished look.
I started my shopping by looking at photos of how different celebrities have been wearing them, and then then began looking around at some of my favorite stores to see what they have to offer. However, more and more crafty, artistic women are making their own headbands and opening up a whole world of options! I've already found some really fun pieces @ etsy.com--> http://www.etsy.com/category/accessories/hair
Feel free to share what you have found and where you found it, as well as any other tips on hairpiece accessories!

2 comments:

  1. i would definitely check out jcrew, they always have cute headbands. and i would go to the outlet to save some money :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going crazy and making my own headbands! I usually just buy the cheap ones that are comfy at wal-mart or target or something, then getting cute patterned fabric and mod podging it on or just hot-gluing little flowers on them. A headband option for every outfit would be amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete